Thursday, November 27, 2008

Greetings from Vernonia






It's Thanksgiving Day and we will be joining the rest of our immediate family for Thanksgiving dinner later this afternoon.


I've decided to try my hand at blogging. I so much enjoy keeping up with my sister in Seattle through her blog, Linda Letters. I am a wife, a mother, a retired school teacher, and a substitute teacher. I am the oldest of my siblings, 66, and I enjoy taking pictures, playing bridge, pinochle, bunco, being involved in P.E.O., substituting, and especially spending time with my family. I am the mother of five sons. Mike, 74, and I have been married since 1964 and we have a blended family. Stewart just turned 49 on Tuesday, has a daughter, Jennifer, 26, and a girlfriend, Stacey. Our next son, Steve, died at the age of 35 in 1998. He didn't have any children. Scott is 42, has a significent other, Nelita, and two children. Daniel is 11 and Nicole is 8. Rick died when he was 36, in 2004. He has two children, Stephanie is 18 and just returned fron a trip to South Africa, her graduation present. Logan is 17 and a senior at Banks High School. Our youngest son Tim, 37, lives in Vernonia with his wife, Kathy, and her children, Jamie, 18, and Timothy, 16. Tim and Kathy have Kendall, 12, a seventh grader.




I'm thankful for our family, my friends, my home, my substitute job, and all the activities that I'm involved in.





Right now our three sons are cutting up an elk at our oldest son, Stewart' house. The three boys (really they are grown men) went out hunting again together for the first time in several years. They hunted on the spike side and that's what they shot. They are really happy with their meat for the winter.

No comments: