Monday, February 1, 2010

January is over and most of winter is gone, it seems. The first day of February was rainy, but not cold.
Last week was another eventful week. I worked on Monday and Tuesday for one of the fifth grade teachers, I didn't get to play bridge. Tuesday evening I hosted our local P.E.O. chapter with guests from Chapter T, Clatskanie. There were 15 women here. It made me nervous to have that many women in my home, but it turned out fine.
On Wednesday we went to Hillsboro for grocery shopping.
On Thursday I worked for a fourth grade teacher. The classroom was a blended classroom of 3rd and 4th graders. What a handful they were! On Thursday evening we had our January Red Hat event. We had snacks, our annual business meeting, and then we played games. They chose me to be queen again.
On Friday I treated myself to a pedicure and a day in Hillboro to myself.
On Saturday I rested and got caught up on facebook.
We hosted the family January birthday dinner on Sunday. It was a nice family gathering. We were hoping Scott's family could join us, but no such luck. They may get their Christmas presents some time this year, but if not then I won't have to shop for next year. I do miss seeing the grand kids, though. The birthday people for January were Daniel, John Michael, Stacey's son, Jamie, Stacey, and Timothy. Two out of the five came, but we had a good time, anyway.
***********************************************
One of our favorite activities, eating.

Playing games
Betty, Tobie, Pat, and myself

************************
Happy Birthday Daniel, John Michael, Jamie, Stacey, and Timothy

Tim is visiting with Logan and Stacey

The birthday girls

Dawson Hunter is getting to be a real big boy

No comments: