Sunday, August 23, 2009

Catching Up

It's been awhile since I posted anything on my blog. I've been absorbed with facebook. I don't know why, except it is a pretty mindless activity, but a little bit interesting.
I've been doing the usual things. I play bridge every Monday. Eleanor, our 92 year old bridge buddy has been winning. Tomorrow is another day. I also played pinochle several times this month. Jeanette had 1000 aces on Wednesday. We went to Hillsboro to Marilyn's house for bunco. Our August Red Hat activity was at Stub Stewart State Park. We had a picnic. There were only six of us that could make it this time, but we had a good time, with great food and good company.
The other things that have happened this month were a death and a fifty year anniversary, each one day after the other. A friend died of a brain hemorrhage. It was very sudden. She had just turned 70 in July. I have played pinochle with her, and I've known her for a long time. She was a camera nut, like me. It was very sad.
The next day after the funeral was Larry and Jan's fifty year anniversary party. They had a big party with lots of family and friends.
Logan and Stephanie came to see us. Logan is starting school this fall at a community college and Stephanie is working in nursing home. She plans on going back to South Africa for another time of volunteering and touring the country. She then will go back to school. Logan is selling cutlery, but it is very expensive, and I'm afraid Grandma and Grandpa didn't help him very much.
Last weekend was the old timer's picnic. People that used to live, or still live in Vernonia got together at Anderson Park.
We are leaving tomorrow for the beach with Scott, our son, and three of our grandchildren, Kendall, Daniel, and Nicole. We will be gone for a week, but I promise to return with pictures from the little red cabin in Rockaway.
Stephanie and Logan
There were many people at the old timer's picnic including some of Mike's relatives.

Bob New, the local historian, was presented with a plaque.
A sixty year reunion


Even the old timer, Eleanor, came to the Old Timer's picnic. I think it is legal to call her an old timer, at 92.

I still have some beautiful flowers.



and Mike's tomatoes are growing al over.

Our Red Hat picnic

Larry and Jan's family



No comments: