Sunday, January 10, 2010

January 10th

Here it is January 10th, 2010 already. We celebrated the New Year by playing couples bunco with 7 other couple. We even stayed up past midnight. New Year's weekend was uneventful. I undecorated, read, and played on the computer. I made a New Year's resolution to walk every day, and so far I have. I only walk about a mile, but it is getting some exercise and fresh air. So far I have been able to dodge the rain clouds, and so far, no snow this year.
***
Last week would have been Steve's 47th birthday. We continue to miss him and Rick.
***
I worked 1 1/2 days last week and will work 3 1/2 days this coming week. Tomorrow I work in the morning, so I still get to play bridge in the afternoon. I have a scout cabin meeting tomorrow evening, and P.E.O. on Tuesday.
***
Last week I drove Mike to his doctor's appointments on Tuesday, and he has more appointments this week on Monday and Wednesday. He fainted during the holidays, and they are trying to figure out why.
***
Yesterday was our grandson's 13th birthday. I called him and he said he was having a good birthday. I asked him when they were coming to Vernonia. They still don't have their Christmas presents yet.
***
It feels good to be caught up on the blogging. I think I will make a new resolution to keep up better.
********
Happy New Year to all of you.
**********************
Pictures from the walk around the lake.







The Christmas presents are still waiting for Scott, Marie, Daniel, and Nicole.
Come and get them.

1 comment:

Linda Reeder said...

I think the every day walk is a good idea, and I should just set a time when I do that. I have been getting out some.
I'm hoping those presents get claimed soon.