Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Getting Ready to Sub

I was informed via e-mail that I had 6 (six) online courses to complete by September 1st. They are Federal, State, and local requirements in order to substitute teach. Since I really like subbing, the kids, the staff, and the money, I thought I'd better get busy and take on this challenge.
The first class that I took was called Bloodborne Pathogens. It took me about an hour to complete the course and I got 100% on the test, not too bad. I decided, "I can do this!"
I then took a course called Bullying Prevention. That took a little less time. I then decided I might as well take them all and get it over with. The other courses were Child Abuse Identification & Prevention in Oregon, Sexual Harassment - Employees, Sexual Misconduct - Staff to Student, and finally Student Privacy Rights. I finished up at about 9:00 last evening. WHEW!!! Really, it wasn't too difficult. All you need is COMMON SENSE!

1 comment:

Linda Reeder said...

Wow. That's a lot in one day! but then one thing we did grow up learning was common sense! Good for you.