Saturday, August 14, 2010

WOW!!! I haven't posted anything since Apr. 7th.

I'm looking at my calendar to see what has happened since then. I see that I subbed 14 days in April. That kept me pretty busy.
Logan, our grandson went into the Navy. He graduated from boot camp with honors, and got his choice of assignments. He is training to be a mechanic on helicopters, and is currently in San Diego.
I continue to play bridge every Monday that is at all possible. I am still winning my share of the games. We had our June P.E.O. meeting at Lois Nelson's house in Hillsboro. We take a break for the summer. Our pinochle group also takes a summer break. I hope that I don't forget how to play. Couple's bunco also takes a summer break. Our last potluck and party was at he Koch's in June. I still attend a Red Hat activity every month. We had a picnic in July.
Our granddaughter, Kendall, graduated from the 8th grade in June. I can't believe she will be in high school, already.
I suppose the biggest news of all the missing time, is that Mike was really ill. He woke me the morning of June 28th bleeding from the rectum. The toilet was filled with blood. I never drove so fast in all my life to get him to the hospital. He had colon surgery and they had to take out another third of his colon. He developed complications, pneumonia, and other complications, and ended up being in the hospital for three weeks, and then another week and a half in a rehab facility to recover. It was a close call. We almost lost him. He is now home and doing great!
We had a family reunion in Vernonia on August 1st. What a fun time. My brother and sister-in-law, Don and Sherrie, came from Boston to join us. Because Mike was still recovering, our sons, Stewart, Scott, and Tim stepped in to help up with the reunion. Thanks, guys, I couldn't have done it without you.
I celebrated my 68th birthday on the third of August. We went to the beach for a couple of days.
Our local town celebration was the first full weekend in August. There were a lot of people in town. The parade lasted over an hour. There were concerts, fireworks, a horse show and competition, lawn mower races, fishing derbies, vendors, and ELEPHANT EARS.
This weekend we are having a huge alumni reunion for everyone who every went to school in Vernonia, whoever worked in the schools, and friends. We are trying to raise money to help the schools get built. The schools have been flooded in the past, and are really old, so new schools are happening. The high school and middle school kids are currently going to school in portables.
Next weekend is my 50th class reunion in Molalla, Oregon. I can't believe it has been 50 years. Where has the time gone?
Hopefully now I will keep up with my blog better. I will try to get pictures posted. That's what I love most about blogging.

No comments: