Sunday, December 21, 2008


We now have over 20 inches of snow. The power has been off more than it has been on.
No heat, no lights.

Our house the first day of Winter.

Our son, Stewart, and his girlfriend, Stacey, were wrapping packages by candlelight. They went to bed and left a candle burning, figuring it would be alright in a container, and would burn itself out. Something woke Stewart about midnight and got up, opened the bedroom door and found the house in flames. They were barely able to get out the bedroom window. They lost everything. We are thanking God for the miracle that they are still alive.


Linda Reeder said...

As I sit here in my warm house, in comfort, lamenting that we were not able to fly to Colorado yesterday, I am jolted into stark reallity. IT COULD BE SO MUCH WORSE!
My thought are with all of you.

Ilene said...

Thank you Linda.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about the fire. What do they need? Clothes? What sizes? (I have some good but used things ready for the good will). What else is immediately needed? Let us know.

Ilene said...

Thank you, Audeen.

Gayle said...

Oh, I'm so sorry for their loss, but so glad for their lives. It's never easy going through a crisis, but much harder around the holidays. Do they live near you?