Thursday, December 4, 2008

Wreath Making

I am a P.E.O. member and each year we sell wreaths to make money for scholarships for women. The last couple of years I have decided to make my own. We are fortunate enough to have a full city block with our home. Our home sits on 1/4 of the block, and the rest of the acre is woods. There are cedar, fir, and several large sequoia trees plus blackberry bushes, elder berry trees, plus other growing stuff. I trudged through the woods, gathering my greenery, and headed for the garage. I started with a wreath I kept from one I bought years ago.


First I added noble fir boughs.


Then I added boughs from the Sequoia and cedar trees. I found some shrubs in the yard that added a nice touch.



I like the finished preject. Pine cones, holly, and a bow made it look very nice. It saved me $18.00, also.
We like to take a cross to the cemetary to put on the boys graves. This year I decided to make my own. It made me sad to made it, but I'm happy with the end result.








1 comment:

Linda Reeder said...

Beautiful, Ilene. We made wreaths at Laurie's after Thanksgiving dinner, but you missed out.
What you made for the boys is lovely, too, and loving. Bless you.